Domain industry conference: and the winners are...
As the Webby Awards honor websites, interactive advertising, online video and mobile, the Domainer’s Choice Awards reward domain services, industry actors and much more. Domainer's Choice Awards occurred within the DOMAINfest GLOBAL's 08 conference, which took place January 21-23 at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood, California. That event aims at improving domain industry cooperation and collective thinking.
A lot of domain areas have been covered during this conference, such as:
- basics of portfolio management (renewal, drop, etc.) for industry newcomers,
- domain traffic analysis (origin, nature, trends) for better decision making (keep, drop, sell),
- negotiation (how to create a win win situation),
- legal issues (trademark infringement, reverse domain hijacking which describes false cybersquatting accusations in order to recover a domain name),
- financial matters: tax issues, business plan,
- industry trends: upcoming TLDs (.tel, .post, etc.), domain branding, advertising services and domain trading.
According to Verisign's last industry report, there are over 146 millions domain names registered throughout the world. This represents a six percent growth over the third quarter 2007. The growth of this industry is expected to be higher in the next months.
Domainer's Choice Awards winners:
|Best Domain Auctions||SnapNames, Moniker|
|Best Domain Financial Services||Escrow.com|
|Best Domain Marketplace||Sedo.com|
|Best Domain Publication||DN Journal|
|Best Domainer Tools||DomainTools.com|
|Best Domainers Blog||ElliotsBlog.com|
|Best Hosting Company||GoDaddy|
|Best Industry Spokesperson||Frank Schilling|
|Best Registrar Award||Moniker|
|Domain Ambassador Award||Castello Brothers|
|Domainers Rising Star||Castello Brothers|
|Industry Achievement Award||Kevin Ham|
|Industry Customer Service||Eben Smith Sedo|
|Industry Trade Association||Internet Commerce Association|
|Parking Company Award||TrafficZ|
source : domainnews.com